Tuesday, October 8, 2013

31 Favorite Things about Leelee - Day 8

Day in the Life - Pt.1

One of my favorite things about you, kiddo, is all the days I get to spend with you, just doing simple things.

I got to think of when you might read this, if this space were still around when you were in college, completing your Ph.D for whatever you choose to study (Mommy can be flexible on that decision), and thought I would leave you with a Day in the Life of your five-year-old self. So, here goes...

The day begins as most days do...

After the first nuzzle, you disappear into the warmth of the blankets. Most days I pretend not to see you, until...


!!
It usually takes about 10 minutes until you finally rise. I take this time to set your clothes out and brush my own teeth.

I put Phineas and Ferb Radio on Pandora and you kick the blankets off and get dressed...

Sort of.

Next, those chompers get brushed and the hair too. 

You've begun to do your own hair lately.

You're not terrible at it.

There's that attitude!

We have a chance to watch funny cat videos for a few minutes before its time to leave for school.

Blogger is not accepting anymore of my pictures for some reason, so I'll have to continue this on tomorrow's post, but this is just a small glimpse into our mornings together. Sometimes they're rushed, sometimes they're mellow, but they're always unpredictable, and usually filled with lots of hugs. I love that, because I know soon you'll be too old to want so many hugs, old enough to get yourself off and out the door, old enough to see yourself to school. I'm soaking up these mornings now, love, because they'll be gone before either of us know it.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment