Thursday, October 3, 2013

31 Favorite Things about Leelee - Day 3

I love what a little slugger you turned out to be!



T-ball started in February and at first, you were a bit indifferent, because you didn't understand the rules, and you weren't perfect at it.



But this turned out to be a fantastic opportunity to teach you patience, the benefits of practice, and teamwork. And as you got better, the two games a week became something you and your dad and I looked forward to very much. And you got a snazzy uniform!



You got to be in the Central Point Little League parade on a float that you helped decorate with your teammates.



And you got to meet Spongebob. Freaking SPONGEBOB!



I never played sports as a kid, but knowing that these fields were the same one's your dad played on when he was a kid was something pretty special to us, and especially him. You should have seen his face, my dear, when you hit the ball onto the grass or caught it in mid-air and ran it home. I had never seen him happier. He even got to coach a little, and when he did, I could tell it meant the world to him.



The coaches were amazed at your progress too and continually put you at first base and pitcher, quite sought-after positions, since you could catch the ball so well.


Other parents and grandparents would tell your dad and I that you were most improved kid of the team, and we got lots of cheers from the crowd when you went up to bat.




Today, you and your dad still play ball in his backyard, and you just keep getting better. You're a natural, kiddo, and I can't wait to try some other sports to see what you'll take to next. I'll be a soccer mom any day, for you.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment