Saturday, October 5, 2013

31 Favorite Things about Leelee - Day 5

I love the relationship you have with Grandma and Grandpa Matthews.

You were merely a day old before you met Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma held you first and then Grandpa, and Grandpa teased Grandma when all she could get was blurry pictures of you, because her hands shook a little. They're a funny pair, those two, and they've been around you your entire life.



They keep an eye on you when your dad or I cannot. They gladly and warmly host birthdays, Easters, Thanksgivings, Christmases and most any activity needing space. They share tips on child-rearing, bug bites, sniffles, rashes, open wounds, and sponsor fishing trips.

While they come from a different generation, and our views on things differ, Grandma and Grandpa have always let your father and I take the lead in raising you, and have been supportive of our decisions.

There is no doubt that they adore you and have so much to teach you about the world. They protect you. They speak up for you. They are patient with you. They're silly with you. Their combined life experience is miles beyond what I have yet to learn, and nestled in their simple lessons to you are little tidbits I pick up and carry with me also.

Whether it be lessons on manners, chores, respecting your elders, or growing things in a garden, your grandparents have been a staple in your life that I'm very grateful for. Through them you've learned so much that has shaped what a well-behaved little human you are. I hope you continue to soak up all of their wisdom and love like a big ol' sponge, my dear.


And I hope they continue to experience the way your playful energy has enhanced our lives more than we could have ever dreamed of.




<3

No comments:

Post a Comment