Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Favorite Things about Leelee - Day 1

My princess. My sunshine. My tiny shadow. October 1 marks the first day of again calling up the year we've had and cherishing not only all you've experienced and learned, but what you, small child, have taught me.

Today my favorite thing may seem like an easy one, but my favorite thing is this record of Favorite Things.

I don't know what the world will be like when you're old enough to read these and understand what Mommy was going through while raising you, but I hope it makes my decisions in raising you a little easier to accept.

I don't know if you can tell how scared I am for you nowadays. Or how lost I feel most of the time. Or how much I hope, nearly nightly and with my whole heart, that I am doing all I can to raise you to be good and kind and strong and smart. But, so far, my love, at the end of your fifth year of life and onto your sixth, you've made my hopes come true. And as I fight back silly mommy tears of happy while I type this, I couldn't be more proud of you.

<3


1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! It's October. It's the month that I can like what you have to say because you are talking about the LEE!!!

    ReplyDelete