Sunday, October 6, 2013

31 Favorite Things about Leelee - Day 6

I love our quiet times together, especially Sundays.

Granted, its hardly ever quiet times unless you're unconscious, but when you leave to see your dad on Saturdays its bittersweet. The break is nice to do boring stuff like homework and housework, but I do miss you, and when you get back on Sundays we usually have a few hours to just BE together. The weekdays are so hectic and rushed (because mommy has not mastered the idea of structured schedules yet) that Sundays are nice little breaks to connect and slow down and enjoy each other.

I know there's no designated number of hours a mother is supposed to spend with her child, but I often think I owe you more than you get, so these special times allow me to put the computer down, put the phone down, and just be available to you. Sometimes you sit and play on your own, sometimes we snuggle and watch a show, but we're always within reach. After I get out of school we will get more time together, but, for now, our special Sundays will have to do.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment